“brooklyn. now we are hooked in. soon for a new place we’ll brook to be lookin’. (maybe that usage of “brook” is mistooken.) just bought some food that we’re soon to be cookin’. you are unpacking your clothes and your books in a nook in a home that’s my own and yours too, kin. you are my family, one i love smoochin’, right on your face on your lips or your cute chin, and all down your body, your knees and your two shins, your feet in your boots or your shoes than you’re choosin’. you’re food for my thought or emotion i’m chewin’. i love to do me the way you do you-doin’. we’re headed away from all ruing and ruin, no coming unglued or unscrewed, no contusions/confusion/abuse, this caboose is choo-chooin’, as blessed as whenever someone is achooin’, the best, so for you here’s this wooin’ and cooin’, i can’t be subdued or uprooted, so i hope you’re amused as we’re fused in communion, i mean, in calm union, as much as we’re choosin’ to fuse, a calm fusion, a nice warmed up stew in a pot that we’re brewin’, all yayin’ no booin’, we’re stayin’ and movin’, my babe, you’re all moved in, so welcome to home in this york that you’re new in.”
“we’re in northampton, at a tea place that’s good for campin’ out, doing internet some chores and some other things, whatever comes, that’s our core anthem, sing it loud, drum it like thor’s hammerin’, shall i go on? you: “sure, more yammerin’!” thanks baby, i just adore your glamour and it’s beauty that might make me do more stammerin’ but i power through ’cause i’ve got pure adrenaline flowin’ through me so i can flow more like eminem, with synonyms or antonyms if i need be recantin’ ’em, recountin’ all the things there are to love of you, i’m chantin’ ’em, your countenance? enchanting like a mountain of chrysanthemums, a fountain full of dancing imps, each moment is a chance to win, i can’t begin to finish ’cause there’s only now, we’re in this, every second every minute, all the miles, all the inches, it’s a cinch, no dream, no need to pinch, agree? we’re free, we’re on a constant binge, there’s not a twinge or any hint of things much like a grinch, except for just how big his heart grew at the end, and that, my friend, is nothing that compares to how MY heart for you, i’m adamant, it cannot end, it’s not pretend, my love, constant examinin’ reveals the feels, the real appeal, the wheels that spin, the deals that win, from here in me to where you’re in, right now a tea place, this is THE place, here while we’re northampton-in’…”
Day 13: Now York City!
Day 12: the east coast! almost there!
1) Went to sleep in Huntsville. Before bed, Kasey watched the rest of a Daredevil episode that SHE had fallen asleep through the night before. Not me! She! We’re the same!
2) Woke up in Huntsville (phew! would be weird if I didn’t) and we hit the road for Greenville, SC, aka Shaheenville! (My friend Nick Shaheen from Greenville set up the show there, and he’s great, like a whole town full of greatness!)
3) Checked into our hotel in Greenville. Heard a man in front of us who was having a rough day say to the clerk, “If you had the kind of day I had, you’d be down at the corner looking for the crack-man.” I don’t think this man had any real experience with crack-people. But I hope he’s having a better day today.
4) Went to Whole Foods. Stocked up on food for the next day’s drive, and food for our current stomach situations. The future and the present! Two out of the three times that don’t really exist because only now does and maybe even not that!
5) Didn’t go to Trader Joe’s as well because maybe we didn’t have time to get to the show and also do that and I’m sorry Kasey that Whole Foods didn’t have the wasabi peas you wanted but I love you.
6) Went to the Warehouse Theatre where my show would happen shortly. Did a brief interview with a local reporter. “Did she ask fun questions that you enjoyed answering?” “Yes she did.” “Were they as simple and straightforward as these?” “They were even better.” “What kind of journalism is this? Self-journalism? Is that a thing?” Sure, why not, triple question/answer!”
7) Did super fun show hosted by the aforementioned Nick Shaheen, featuring lovely comedians/people/friends new and old Cary Goff, Minori Hinds, and Ismail Loutfi. The show also featured a wonderful audience. (AS HAVE THE REST OF THE SHOWS ON THE TOUR. IF YOU WERE IN ONE OF THOSE AUDIENCES, YOU WERE ALSO WONDERFUL.)
8) Watched a couple Broad City episodes before going to sleep. THAT SHOW IS GREAT. DO YOU WATCH IT? RECOMMENDED!
9) Slept. Woke. Readying to leave Greenville. Just saw that Trader Joe’s opens at 8 and that’s when we’re hitting the road so maybe Kasey will get her wasabi peas after all!
10) And finally for now, a wasabi pea-based rhyme for Kasey…
“wasabi! hot like a tamale. also like your smile that i like providing you not like a job or a hobby, but just something i enjoy bobbing for like apples, you’re made from the best stuff on earth, just like snapple, and this rap’ll cover every aisle in the grocery store, or maybe not quite every, but listen closely more, and i’ll show you the score, which is nothing to nothing, or infinite to infinite, either way we’re tied, and we’re also tied with winning it, no limits, except for time and space and maybe not those, read my mind and face, and we’ll climb to places we can find with grace, like maybe trader joe’s now, i’m on the case! to put a smile on the face of my love, Kase…”