Day 11: Chillin’ like a Huntsvillain
Day 10: NOLA? Yes LA! (New Orleans, yes Louisiana!)
Today’s Totally Terrific Tantalizingly Tallied Top Ten Tour Tale Topics!
Day 9: LA LA LAF LAF LAFAYETTE!
1) Had dinner at Masala, an Indian restaurant where I saw no Indian people. Louisiana! The food was delicious. I like okra. It’s more than OK. It’s RA! (Powerful like the Egyptian sun god, or a cheerleader’s cheer, or as responsible as a Resident Assistant.)
2) Saw many billboards advertising the best “boudins.” Didn’t know what a boudin was, but now I know where the best ones are. It’s a thing made of pigs usually, I hear, and it sort of reminds me of the word “poutine,” but that’s from Canada. If you want a boudin/poutine sandwich, you have to use those two things as bread and the United Sates is the meat of that sandwich. And if the United States is meat, then being vegan is patriotic! Did I trick everyone?
3) Saw a billboard that said “Eighteen-wheeler accident? Call this number.” Apparently this is where enough eighteen-wheelers get into accidents that it’s worth advertising to them specifically… is there a way to transfer that energy into a business that prevents eighteen-wheelers from getting into accidents? I hope so! Be safe, everyone! However many wheels your wheeler is wheeling.
4) Stopped at Starbucks, a non-Indian coffee place where I saw many non-Indians.
5) Did a real fun show at JP’s in Lafayette, LA with Jason Leonard, Charles-Thomas Vidrine, and Alex Jennings.
6) After the show, a woman came up to Kasey and said something like “I just want to tip you for being so beautiful to look at during this whole show,” and gave her five dollars. I sold some CDs as well, but not for being beautiful. Maybe my comedy is beautiful though.
7) A lot of people took pictures with me. That’s nice! One picture ended up on Twitter with the caption “Got to meet my favorite comedian tonight at JP’s!” That’s nice!
8) A lot of people thanked me for coming to Lafayette, and also asked me why I came to Lafayette. One reason I came is that there are so many people to thank me for coming! Also they asked me to come and offered me money and a fun show. Those things were not empty promises! I’m told the comedy scene here is only about two years old, but it’s performing at a seven-year-old reading level! Real fun times in Lafayette.
9) Continued the nighttime tradition of falling asleep during Daredevil. Thinking of renaming the tour the “Falling Asleep While Watching Daredevil” tour.
10) Today’s rhyme goes out to Kasey’s ear, and/or her other ear:
“your ear hurts, and i’m sure it’s not the sheer worst but the thing i hope for you is that you’ll always feel cheer first, and as we steer across this here earth, my dear person, my peer in mirth, glee spurts as we hit the road feet first, or wheels first as steam bursts and my esteem flirts with yours, we traverse, a team perfectly careening furth (forth but pronounced like colin, your dream firth), and i keenly wean this pristine (?) verse to go into your eyes, typing is ear-averse, and into your brain and heart where you don’t hear hurts, my love, i want you to do the opposite of feel worse. i hope ‘a lot’ is what my wishes for you to heal’s worth.”
1) Had a big day yesterday full of fun active things, so we spent the evening doing fun passive things. Watched almost a whole Daredevil episode without falling asleep!
Day 7: Top ‘Tin (‘Tin is short for Austin, right?)
10) Last thing for today is the first thing from today… a rhyme I wrote quick as we prepared to leave the home: